Fiery Souls in Love

We don't make sense,
We must be crazy to think this could work.
Fiery souls crash and burn, I hear.
It is us that is the problem.
It is me,
It is you,
It is these moments between you and I
The stolen smiles,
The lapses, the imperfections,
And the gentle quandary
That flutters the broken heart
The entropy that ruins parallel lines,
The perpendiculars that draw eye-rolls
That disturbs logic.
We are prone to burn out,
Fade away senselessly,
Refusing to follow the flow,
Rebelling the dictum;
We shall fall, bruise, fail eventually,
And while the forces conspire our fate;
I'll still be here my dear;
In the now,
Figuring this out.
Disfiguring at times, confused,
And yet bewildered,
Smitten,
Wondering if it is this magic between us,
My darling, my sweet,
That keeps the stars apart at night.


P.S. Inspiration: I carry your heart by E.E. Cummings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Demented Mind

Hope

8 Reasons why you should be dating a Nirmaiite